Saturday, November 10, 2012

Home today!!!!!!!

It was the day of Halloween and I was busy sorting out my transport to Heathrow from Stansted. I caught a bus to Golders Green. To be picked up by felt artist Sue Pearl and be reunited with my extra luggage. We had some lunch and then headed to Heathrow. Golders Green was a lovely township filed with my images of what a traditional English village looked like, very different compared to the city part of London. I think having been bought up on a diet of BBC productions and images of Tudor villages- reality is harder to take. But Golders Green came close to what was in my head.
Once I was at Heathrow, Singapore airlines, decided to put me on an earlier flight - so much for the change of clothes and rearranging the suitcase. It was rush off to get a new lock for the second bag, run to get through passport control and customs, and then a short wait to board the flight for the 12 hour stint to Singapore.
Sadly my excitement of an earlier flight meaning I get home quicker, was quashed when on getting to Singapore i discovered that I had an 8 hour wait for the flight to Oz. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!my ankles were cankels and throbbing, the only saving grace was free wifi and elevation of my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment